Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
What Special Educational Needs does Willow Academy cater for?
We welcome all children into our Academy regardless of their individual needs and we will strive to fully meet their needs. We recognise our responsibility to nurture our children whatever their individual needs and to encourage and help each child to achieve their potential, not only intellectually, but also physically, creatively, emotionally and socially.
We cater and can cater for children with:
- SPLD specific learning difficulties
- MLD moderate learning difficulties
- SLD severe learning difficulties
- SEMH social emotional mental health
- SLCN speech, language and communication needs
- PD physical difficulties
- ASD autistic spectrum disorder
- HI hearing impairment
- VI visual impairment
What policies are in place for children with SEND?
The following documents and policies are attached for information about Willow Academy:
For further information please contact Miss Sally Burgen Willow Academy SENCo, Mrs Angela Winter SENCo Assistant or Mrs Davina Sumner (Headteacher).