PE & Sports Premium
At Willow Academy we receive £19,770 this year to help improve the quality of the PE and sport activities we offer and we are committed to using this resource for developing high-quality PE lessons, alongside greater opportunities for sporting competitions and clubs for all our young people.
Funding for schools will be calculated by the number of primary aged pupils (between the ages of 5 and 11) as at the annual census in January.
What does the Sport Premium mean for Willow Academy School?
'Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this’ (DfE June 2013).
At Willow Academy we have split up the funding by the three key areas for consideration;
- Physical Education/Curricular PE,
- Healthy Active Lifestyles
- Competitive Sport.
We use a local team of Sports and PE coaches through ‘Active Fusion’ to deliver many of our PE and Sports premium based initiatives. http://activefusion.org.uk/schools/
We measure the impact of the activities by considering the following
- the increase in participation
- the increase and success in competitive sports
- how much more inclusive the physical education curriculum has become
- the growth in the range of traditional and alternative sporting activities
- the improvement in partnership work on physical education with other schools and other local partners
- links with other subjects that contribute to pupils’ overall achievement and their greater spiritual, moral, social, and cultural skills
- the greater awareness amongst pupils about the dangers of obesity, smoking and other such activities that undermine pupils’ health.